BT Makes respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will provide you information about how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website, when you contact us, when you purchase our products, or where we are providing you with a product or service.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal data. This privacy notice supplements those other notices and is not intended to override them.
For the purpose of data protection laws in the UK, BT Makes Limited is the data controller and is therefore responsible for your personal data.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Dataincludes first name, last name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Dataincludes address (home, postal or other physical address), email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Dataincludes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes, in relation to your website account, your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage Dataincludes information about how you use our website, products and services. Personal data does not include data where your identity has been removed or which not associated with or linked to your personal data (anonymous data).
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Please note that where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services that you request). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have requested but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.